Why the blog?

I write as the Spirit moves me. I have prayed about what I'm supposed to do with my life a lot. A lot. Writing. Writing is what I believe God is leading me to do. Whether or not He wants me to write for anyone to read is His business. Much of my writing has been therapy for me so maybe I'm the only one who is supposed to read it. So, why the Blog? As a sounding board, a note pad, a place to keep my ideas and thoughts. A place to share and promote my books, and photography. Written prayers, a place to vent. Possibly, even a place for the unknown reader to learn about the love of Jesus.

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

New Year Resolution

I have never made New Year's Resolutions.  It's not that I believe resolving to make a change is a silly notion or that it's a waste of time.  My problem with it is the date.  If I want to make a change in my life, why wait until January 1?  Why not now?  Resolutions are goals, plain and simple, in my humble opinion.  Decide on a task and start immediately.   Several months ago, I decided to run a full marathon.  I picked the race I wanted to participate in and started training immediately. Waiting until January would have been foolish since the race is February 5th.  


Sunday, my preacher talked about resolutions.  He said, if your life is to be transformed, you have to do something different.  It is not about resolution.  It is all about transformation.  If you want to stop smoking, stop being a smoker.  Chose differently.  If you want to loose weight, chose to be healthy.  Transform your mind and then your body. 


I am reminded of something Jesus said in Matthew, chapter 12:    43 “When an impure spirit comes out of a person, it goes through arid places seeking rest and does not find it. 44 Then it says, ‘I will return to the house I left.’ When it arrives, it finds the house unoccupied, swept clean and put in order. 45 Then it goes and takes with it seven other spirits more wicked than itself, and they go in and live there. And the final condition of that person is worse than the first. That is how it will be with this wicked generation.”


If I or you resolve to do (fill in the blank) yet do nothing to replace it with something good then the thing you resolved not to do will come right back and then some.  So, if you want to make a change in your life, do it.  Do it now. Change your thinking. Transform yourself instead of simply eliminating whatever habit you have deemed to be bad for you.  Sweep your house clean and fill it with good. 


Happy New You.




Romans 12:2
Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Colleen Wait Edits

Colleen Wait Edits