Why the blog?

I write as the Spirit moves me. I have prayed about what I'm supposed to do with my life a lot. A lot. Writing. Writing is what I believe God is leading me to do. Whether or not He wants me to write for anyone to read is His business. Much of my writing has been therapy for me so maybe I'm the only one who is supposed to read it. So, why the Blog? As a sounding board, a note pad, a place to keep my ideas and thoughts. A place to share and promote my books, and photography. Written prayers, a place to vent. Possibly, even a place for the unknown reader to learn about the love of Jesus.

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Easter like Christmas?

I was just wondering, why can't Easter by more like Christmas?  No, I don't mean the tree and Santa Clause.  On Christmas, we celebrate the birth of Jesus by giving gifts.  Charitable giving is on the minds of hearts of many, not just Christians during this time.  We give to our family, to friends and coworkers, and our neighbors.  We give to the poor and the needy families in our neighborhoods.  It bothers me that, in general, that it stops on December 26th.

So, if people are in a giving mood surrounding the celebration of Christ's birth, why not his resurrection?  After all, the resurrection is what gives us hope. It's the culmination of Christ's time here on earth.  It's the completion of his task, that promise of eternal life.

We give for his birth, yet we hunt for candy on His resurrection.  Anyone besides me see a problem with that?

I'd like to change that.  If you are reading this and gave during Christmas, please think about giving on Easter.  If you are reading this and didn't give during Christmas, please give on Easter.  After all, Christ died for you.  He gave IT ALL!!!  If you were planning on going "Easter shopping" to buy that "Easter dress" for yourself and your children I would like to challenge you to take that money and give it to the homeless, the poor, the needy.  Give to your local pregnancy center or homeless shelter.  Buy dinner for someone who is out of a job.  Pay for the groceries of the family in the check out line who is counting pennies.  Give to the parents/families of our military who are struggling.

Most of all, give because everything you have belongs to God.  He gave us his son who gave us his life so that we could live with him in Heaven.

GOD IS LOVE.  LOVE IS A VERB.

I DIED FOR YOU BECAUSE I LOVE YOU.
GIVE TODAY.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Colleen Wait Edits

Colleen Wait Edits