Why the blog?

I write as the Spirit moves me. I have prayed about what I'm supposed to do with my life a lot. A lot. Writing. Writing is what I believe God is leading me to do. Whether or not He wants me to write for anyone to read is His business. Much of my writing has been therapy for me so maybe I'm the only one who is supposed to read it. So, why the Blog? As a sounding board, a note pad, a place to keep my ideas and thoughts. A place to share and promote my books, and photography. Written prayers, a place to vent. Possibly, even a place for the unknown reader to learn about the love of Jesus.

Saturday, August 25, 2012

Jesus Is Enough

I'm currently training for my second marathon.  Did you think I'd quit after the last one? Not a chance.   Anyway, today was long run day.  It is customary for me pray during my long runs.  It's my quiet time, the time in my day that there is nothing else that needs my attention.  My feet know what to do, my brain is just along for the ride.  Being a woman, I must multitask. Don't get me wrong, I don't pray out of boredom or just to have something to do.  It is a deliberate, focused time of communion between me and God.  

My prayers usually start with my family, then my church family, issues I have, and then I open it up to whatever comes to mind.  

Today, I near the end of my prayer, I was thinking about a conversation my husband had recently.  The topic was whether or not the common person could understand the Bible.  Now, I'm no Bible scholar. I haven't been to seminary. However, I have read the Bible cover to cover, several times. I'm not bragging, just stating a fact.  

This much I know. 
God Is:  Exodus 3:14 God said to Moses, "I am who I am."
God created the world: Genesis 1:1  In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.
God created us, people:  Genesis 1:26 Then God said, “Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals, and over all the creatures that move along the ground.”
Jesus is the son of God, is God, was with God in the beginning:  Genesis 1:26... Let us...our...
Jesus came to the earth freely, died for us willingly as a sacrifice once and for all to wash away my sins, was raised on the third day, and wants a relationship with me. See Matthew, Mark, Luke, John. 

I know Jesus loves me. I know I do not need a self-help book, prophetic sermons, prophetic books, or any person to tell me how I should live my life.  

I know I don't fear death.

I know there are things in the Bible that are not 100% clear at first read.  Several books are poetry.  I've never liked poetry. Revelation is a difficult book to understand.  That's okay.  It was written for specific people for a specific time.  I know enough to build my faith, put it in God's hand, and turn my life over to him.

I know enough to give my life to God so that I may enter the gates of Heaven and be welcomed by Jesus.

I know I don't need to argue politics, semantics, exegesis, prophesy, or the second coming with anyone. I know that I do not need to know everything the Bible says in order to go to heaven. I know God wants my heart. I know my faith is just that, faith. 

 Why?  Because Jesus is enough.

Romans 1:20  For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Colleen Wait Edits

Colleen Wait Edits