Why the blog?

I write as the Spirit moves me. I have prayed about what I'm supposed to do with my life a lot. A lot. Writing. Writing is what I believe God is leading me to do. Whether or not He wants me to write for anyone to read is His business. Much of my writing has been therapy for me so maybe I'm the only one who is supposed to read it. So, why the Blog? As a sounding board, a note pad, a place to keep my ideas and thoughts. A place to share and promote my books, and photography. Written prayers, a place to vent. Possibly, even a place for the unknown reader to learn about the love of Jesus.

Monday, March 3, 2014

Prayer and Patience

You know those rare moments in life where you are so overjoyed you can barely contain your emotions? You know, remember as a kid when you begged for months for a certain toy and when you had just about given up you got it!  You've tried for years to get pregnant and the doctor gives you the good news!  You waited for 40 years for just the right man and God places him in your life at exactly the right time!  Someone close is ill and the doctors say there is no hope.  Yet they live and thrive!

You've seen people react to good news like this on TV shows and maybe even in person.  

I'm trying really hard right now to not jump up and down and scream and shout. Maybe when I'm done here I will do just that.  I've prayed for this day to come for years and years.  You've read my blog.  You know. 

I'm crying so hard right now out of pure joy and elation and gratitude I can hardly see.  


GOD HAS ANSWERED MY PRAYERS!!!

As of 9:30 this morning I have officially retired from transcription.  I am now 100% self-employed. 

Thanks be to God whom I love.  Thank you to Mark, my husband, who believes in me.  Thank you to everyone who has prayed for me.  

Mostly.  I thank God.  My life is his.  I cannot wait to see what he plans on doing with me.  

GOD IS GOOD!
ALL THE TIME!

ALL THE TIME,
GOD IS GOOD

Even when I sin.  Even when I get angry and frustrated with life.  Even when I say now God, now.  Why not now God?  Even when I give up and don't believe, there is God, waiting for me to shut up and listen and be patient.   

Isaiah 40:31
But those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength.  They shall mount up with wings like eagles.  They shall run and not be weary.They shall walk and not faint.

My strength, thanks be to God IS RENEWED!!!!

AMEN!

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations Colleen!! GOD IS GOOD - ALL THE TIME! I am excited for you and cannot wait to see what God has planned for you! Have a wonderful blessed day! Sheila Kirkland

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go! I know you're relieved. Being retired means being tired again, but in a good way cause you get to choose what you do.
    The Lord has plans for you. look out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Colleen!

    ReplyDelete

Colleen Wait Edits

Colleen Wait Edits