Why the blog?

I write as the Spirit moves me. I have prayed about what I'm supposed to do with my life a lot. A lot. Writing. Writing is what I believe God is leading me to do. Whether or not He wants me to write for anyone to read is His business. Much of my writing has been therapy for me so maybe I'm the only one who is supposed to read it. So, why the Blog? As a sounding board, a note pad, a place to keep my ideas and thoughts. A place to share and promote my books, and photography. Written prayers, a place to vent. Possibly, even a place for the unknown reader to learn about the love of Jesus.

Friday, June 27, 2014

Pumpkin chocolate chip cookies...with a twist

*Edited 9/24

I have two recipes for pumpkin cookies/bars so obviously, I combined them.  Below is the final combination:

1/2 cup honey - the more local and more fresh the better
1/2 cup Stevia in the raw
1 can of Pumpkin puree
1/2 cup coconut oil (or 1/4 cup oil, 1/4 cup natural applesauce)
1 cup oats, ground fine (I use Quaker, old fashioned)
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 c dairy-free chocolate chips, chopped

Mix wet ingredients, then add the chocolate.  Stir.  Add dry ingredients.
Spoon onto parchment paper.  Flatten with back of spoon.  Bake at 375 for 8-10 minutes. Cool.

Now, for the twist.

In a double boiler, melt smooth peanut butter.  I use Smucker's all natural because it has two ingredients - peanuts and salt.  Also, melt dairy-free chocolate either dark or semi-sweet.

Stab a cooled cookie with a fork, right in the middle, all the way through.  Smooth on a thin (or thick if you like) layer of PB.  Dip into the chocolate.  If you're afraid of the cookie falling off your fork, spoon it on.  Cover completely.  Set on plastic wrap then place in the freezer.  Once the chocolate has hardened, peel off the plastic wrap.  Keep in the fridge or freezer.  YUM!

Chocolate-covered Pumpkin chip cookies


* PUMPKIN ESPRESSO BITES
This cookie has gone through a few changes.  No eggs and no flour, plus a kick of espresso

INGREDIENTS:
1 cup ground rolled oats
1 cup almond meal (ground raw almonds until it becomes flour-like)
1/2 c organic coconut oil
3/4 c raw local honey
1 mashed banana
1 can pumpkin
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 TBS espresso powder
2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
3/4 c dairy-free dark chocolate chips (grind them up a little)

Bake on parchment at 350F for 15-20 minutes




No comments:

Post a Comment

Colleen Wait Edits

Colleen Wait Edits