Why the blog?

I write as the Spirit moves me. I have prayed about what I'm supposed to do with my life a lot. A lot. Writing. Writing is what I believe God is leading me to do. Whether or not He wants me to write for anyone to read is His business. Much of my writing has been therapy for me so maybe I'm the only one who is supposed to read it. So, why the Blog? As a sounding board, a note pad, a place to keep my ideas and thoughts. A place to share and promote my books, and photography. Written prayers, a place to vent. Possibly, even a place for the unknown reader to learn about the love of Jesus.

Tuesday, March 8, 2016

The Journey Begins with Just One Step, and a little help from my friends.

Today I got the news I didn't want to hear, "You didn't get in."  This was from the New York Marathon Lottery system.  This means my name was not drawn for entry into the race.  Fortunately, there's more than one way to run a race

My race calendar is planned out at the very least one year in advance.  I keep a list posted in my office of races I've signed up for, races I want to do, races I might do, and of course the "Bucket List" races.  The TCS NYC Marathon is on that list.  

So, I didn't get my name pulled out of the hat or runner's shoe or whatever.  I'm not going to let a little thing like that stop me.  

Therefore,  I've joined a charity.  This means, I sign up for the race through a charity, promise to raise money for them which guarantees my entry.

After much thought, research, and prayer, I have joined the "Team World Vision" charity.

Watch the video here to learn more about World Vision:  


After watching the video, please prayerfully consider donating to my fund here:  http://goo.gl/oB6jyL



World Vision

No comments:

Post a Comment

Colleen Wait Edits

Colleen Wait Edits