Why the blog?

I write as the Spirit moves me. I have prayed about what I'm supposed to do with my life a lot. A lot. Writing. Writing is what I believe God is leading me to do. Whether or not He wants me to write for anyone to read is His business. Much of my writing has been therapy for me so maybe I'm the only one who is supposed to read it. So, why the Blog? As a sounding board, a note pad, a place to keep my ideas and thoughts. A place to share and promote my books, and photography. Written prayers, a place to vent. Possibly, even a place for the unknown reader to learn about the love of Jesus.

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Strings


STRINGS

As I walk along this path of life,
The child in me is full of wonder and curiosity.

As I grow this innocent trait develops into a sense of I can do that,
Then, I can do that better than you.

I see my friends doing a task, here let me.  I attach a string.
I see my siblings trying to learn, here let me. I can do that. I attach another string.

As I continue down the path of life, I want to protect my children.  Let me do that, you might get hurt. One more string.

I learn this thing called worry. How many strings, let me count the ways.
One string for work. Are my co-workers doing their jobs?  Does my boss have my best interest at heart?
One string for my relationship.  Is he faithful? Will he take care of me?
One string for all the crazy drivers on the freeway.  Wait make it three.
Money, health, my future. The endless maze.

I have a big string tied to the information highway.
One for the TV, one for the internet, another for the cell phone.

Oops, I tripped.
I rest a moment along my path to adjust all my strings.
I think a moment about giving away one or two.

Quickly I tie them on tighter. After all, who could I entrust them to?

My friend, a spouse, co-worker or child is surely headed for disaster.
I must add another string.

All these strings are slowing me down.  I need them.  I need to control all the things around me.  I have to know. 

Oops, I trip again.

The strings of my life are tangled around me. 
I have them tightly in my grip, or do they have me?

I fall on the ground, tangled tightly by my strings.  These are my strings. My life.
But wait, I see more.

Bigger, more powerful strings are attached to my things. 
Who has attached their strings to my things?

I look up and see it is God.  His strings are bigger and more powerful than my strings.
A new string catches my eye. 

It is attached to me.
God has a string attached to me and it makes me feel free.

It is time to say good-bye.

I fretfully cut my strings.  I offer them to God. No, He says, I have my own.
You do not need strings, you see.  Mine have been here from all time. 

Free of strings, free of tangles, I leap up and skip down my path. 

There is only one string attached to me.
It is firmly and securely in God's hands.

As I skip merrily down my life’s path I encounter another entangled in their strings.
I stop a moment, tempted to attach a string.  I pause, then hand over my scissors.

Use these, I say, then point to God.  His strings are best. He will set you free.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Colleen Wait Edits

Colleen Wait Edits