Why the blog?

I write as the Spirit moves me. I have prayed about what I'm supposed to do with my life a lot. A lot. Writing. Writing is what I believe God is leading me to do. Whether or not He wants me to write for anyone to read is His business. Much of my writing has been therapy for me so maybe I'm the only one who is supposed to read it. So, why the Blog? As a sounding board, a note pad, a place to keep my ideas and thoughts. A place to share and promote my books, and photography. Written prayers, a place to vent. Possibly, even a place for the unknown reader to learn about the love of Jesus.

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Old book, new edit.

I wrote my very first 'novel' way back in 1991.  It was mostly hand-written with pen and paper in a 3-ring binder as I traveled to and from work on the subway in New York city.  I would then type it onto a Brother 'data processor' type of typewriter.  Remember the ones with the little screens?  A year or so after that it was re-typed onto a 386 desk top computer purchased from Sears.  Somehow it made its way onto a flash drive and stored.  I recently found it and fortunately was able to upload it onto my Mac.

The book itself is a work of science fiction.  Technology has changed quite a bit since 1991 so after I've done my initial edits I'm going to have to go back and change things like "telephone receiver" to cell and TV to plasma or something.  It will be fun trying to play catch-up.  I like science fiction because you can do just about anything, but it also dates the story.  The storyline, however, I think is timeless.  It is about racism, good and evil, the ordinary person standing up for what they believe in and paying the ultimate price for freedom.

Stay tuned.  I'll post again when it's published.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Colleen Wait Edits

Colleen Wait Edits