Why the blog?

I write as the Spirit moves me. I have prayed about what I'm supposed to do with my life a lot. A lot. Writing. Writing is what I believe God is leading me to do. Whether or not He wants me to write for anyone to read is His business. Much of my writing has been therapy for me so maybe I'm the only one who is supposed to read it. So, why the Blog? As a sounding board, a note pad, a place to keep my ideas and thoughts. A place to share and promote my books, and photography. Written prayers, a place to vent. Possibly, even a place for the unknown reader to learn about the love of Jesus.

Sunday, October 9, 2011

In My Head.

In My Head. I love dreams. Daydreams, put myself to sleep dreams, even wake me up in the middle of the night in a cold sweat dreams. I love them because they are complete fantasy, not based on reality in any way. I can fly in dreams without getting sick. I can see underwater and not need my contacts. I can be tall and beautiful and perfect, courageous and a hero, or a celebrity with many talents in dreams. Maybe that's why I like Tolkien, Spielberg, and George Lucas. I like not having to do research or worry about "reality" such as location and laws and people thinking, "that could never happen." Fantastical fantasy but without the science fiction is in my head. Now I'd like to put it to paper. The very first dream that I can remember is one when I was around age 10. My family had just started going to church. Maybe I had religion on my mind. Perhaps other changes spurred on the dream. In any event, it was a recurring dream for many weeks. The large industrial room was dark, lit only by a few bare bulbs. The room was bare except for a long maze of conveyor belt. A cold, steel conveyor belt. Tied with rusty chains to the conveyor belt is a small, frail, 10-year-old girl. A figure cloaked in a black, hooded robe grins eerily as his arm reaches up to throw the switch. The little girl on the slowly moving belt screams and tries to break free. The cloaked figure laughs and taunts the little girl. She wiggles and twists and calls out for help. The cloaked figure follows from a distance, watching and waiting. She sees the danger as the belt turns a corner. Up ahead is a break, a small pause in the steel. Each end is lit up by a light bulb. The ends of the steel are razor sharp, like knife blades. Dangling just beneath the light bulb are ropes of chain. The little girl sees them and begins to wriggle and call out for help with more fury and determination. Moments before reaching the steel blades the little girl pulls her arms free. Again, she calls out for help. She screams out to the cloaked figure that he will not destroy her. The figure steps forward to secure his hold on the girl. Just before he reaches her, she reaches up, grabs the chains, swings her legs around and kicks the figure. He lands on the conveyor belt, onto the steel blades. The little girl once again calls out for help. The alarm clock rings and the dream ends.....for this night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Colleen Wait Edits

Colleen Wait Edits