Why the blog?

I write as the Spirit moves me. I have prayed about what I'm supposed to do with my life a lot. A lot. Writing. Writing is what I believe God is leading me to do. Whether or not He wants me to write for anyone to read is His business. Much of my writing has been therapy for me so maybe I'm the only one who is supposed to read it. So, why the Blog? As a sounding board, a note pad, a place to keep my ideas and thoughts. A place to share and promote my books, and photography. Written prayers, a place to vent. Possibly, even a place for the unknown reader to learn about the love of Jesus.

Saturday, October 1, 2011

Actions speak louder

This morning, on a crisp, clear, almost cool, beautiful fall morning during my run while I searched my Ipod for a song to perk up my pace, I came across this song: 



too many black sheep in the family
too many stones from a house of glass
they've heard the story, they've heard the lines
but talk is too cheap to change their minds
they want to see some vital signs

convictions - in the way we live
convictions - not a narrative
actions speak a little louder than words

CHORUS
seen and not heard, seen and not heard
sometimes God's children should be seen and not heard
there's too much talk and not enought walk
sometimes God's children should be seen and not heard

delayed reaction to hostility
brings us into reality
cause when we answer in our defense
they can see through the false pretense
they want to see some evidence

commitment - no more alibis
commitment - not a compromise
actions speak a little louder than words

Chorus

let your light so shine in all you do
with an answer near when they come to you
don't let your mouth start talkin'
until your feet start walkin'
 Words and music by Bob Hartman Based on Matthew 7:3, 5, James 1:2, Matthew 5:16




I've listened to this song many, many times.  However, this morning in the stillness of the day I really listened. People don't pay attention to the words of Christians nearly as much as they do our actions.  I like Matthew's version. I'll back up to verse 14: "You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house.  In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven."


Do you profess Jesus?  If so "don't let your mouth start talkin' until your feet start walkin'".  


Be blessed, bless others.   



No comments:

Post a Comment

Colleen Wait Edits

Colleen Wait Edits