Why the blog?

I write as the Spirit moves me. I have prayed about what I'm supposed to do with my life a lot. A lot. Writing. Writing is what I believe God is leading me to do. Whether or not He wants me to write for anyone to read is His business. Much of my writing has been therapy for me so maybe I'm the only one who is supposed to read it. So, why the Blog? As a sounding board, a note pad, a place to keep my ideas and thoughts. A place to share and promote my books, and photography. Written prayers, a place to vent. Possibly, even a place for the unknown reader to learn about the love of Jesus.

Friday, November 4, 2011

Do you know him? Do you want to KNOW Him?

Are you looking for something, something but you just cannot put your finger on it?  Are you dissatisfied with your life?  Do you find yourself wondering, "Is this all there is?" Is your heart aching for more, for love, for acceptance, for purpose? I do not claim to have all the answers, but I know who does.


*"All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work."


"For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart. Nothing in all creation is hidden from God’s sight. Everything is uncovered and laid bare before the eyes of him to whom we must give account."


"To the Jews who had believed him, Jesus said, “If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”"


"Then some Pharisees and teachers of the law came to Jesus from Jerusalem and asked, “Why do your disciples break the tradition of the elders? They don’t wash their hands before they eat!”
  Jesus replied, “And why do you break the command of God for the sake of your tradition? For God said, ‘Honor your father and mother’ and ‘Anyone who curses their father or mother is to be put to death.’  But you say that if anyone declares that what might have been used to help their father or mother is ‘devoted to God,’  they are not to ‘honor their father or mother’ with it. Thus you nullify the word of God for the sake of your tradition. You hypocrites! Isaiah was right when he prophesied about you:
    “‘These people honor me with their lips,
   but their hearts are far from me.
They worship me in vain;
   their teachings are merely human rules.’”

"There is a judge for the one who rejects me and does not accept my words; the very words I have spoken will condemn them at the last day."

"As soon as it was night, the believers sent Paul and Silas away to Berea. On arriving there, they went to the Jewish synagogue. 11 Now the Berean Jews were of more noble character than those in Thessalonica, for they received the message with great eagerness and examined the Scriptures every day to see if what Paul said was true. 12 As a result, many of them believed, as did also a number of prominent Greek women and many Greek men."



I believe life on this planet is temporary, fleeting, a speck in time. I believe in a heaven and a hell.  I believe that my problems, my worries, my fears, my pain is temporary.  I believe because Jesus willingly left Heaven, died on a cross, came back to life, then returned to heaven that I, and you, have the opportunity to go and be with God forever!  Forever where there is no pain, no sorrow, no weeping. Only joy. 

* 2 Timothy 3:16-17, Hebrews 4:12-13, John 8:31-32, Matthew 15:1-9, John 12:48, Acts 17:10-12 http://www.biblegateway.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Colleen Wait Edits

Colleen Wait Edits