Why the blog?

I write as the Spirit moves me. I have prayed about what I'm supposed to do with my life a lot. A lot. Writing. Writing is what I believe God is leading me to do. Whether or not He wants me to write for anyone to read is His business. Much of my writing has been therapy for me so maybe I'm the only one who is supposed to read it. So, why the Blog? As a sounding board, a note pad, a place to keep my ideas and thoughts. A place to share and promote my books, and photography. Written prayers, a place to vent. Possibly, even a place for the unknown reader to learn about the love of Jesus.

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

What is a Picture Worth?

I have often pondered the thought process of the first person who drew a picture. That person probably wanted to convey a thought, document a moment in time, or tell a story.  Pictures were the precursor to the written word with mankind transitioning from cave paintings, to hieroglyphs, to various forms of the alphabet.

Throughout it all, pictures remains. Why?  Well, we still use them for the same reasons.  They often say more than words and often speak it better.  


love and relaxation

Personally, I use photography to document my family. I can watch my children grow up all over again. Pictures capture moments in time with our family so that we can remember them when they are gone.  

a wedding





Trip to Israel
Four generations (minus the 2nd)







Grown up. The two on the right are the same people!

Skype!







My pictures also capture events in our lives such as birthdays, holidays, and my various races.






Happy Birthday!

Half marathon #4



Most commonly, pictures are used every day to promote and sell products.

Coming soon!

Need an editor?

My favorite thing, however, is to take random pictures that either tell a story or bring to life things in the world that we might not otherwise take note of.  

Do you know where your soul will go?

Twig art, 2 inches tall.

Twig art

I'm a little tree frog

Art class project

Running trail

Looking for mischief


Here's a writing challenge.   Take five to seven of the above photographs and turn them into a short story, 500 words or less.  Post it here in the comments section.  (If it does not fit, e-mail me and I'll create a post.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Colleen Wait Edits

Colleen Wait Edits