Why the blog?

I write as the Spirit moves me. I have prayed about what I'm supposed to do with my life a lot. A lot. Writing. Writing is what I believe God is leading me to do. Whether or not He wants me to write for anyone to read is His business. Much of my writing has been therapy for me so maybe I'm the only one who is supposed to read it. So, why the Blog? As a sounding board, a note pad, a place to keep my ideas and thoughts. A place to share and promote my books, and photography. Written prayers, a place to vent. Possibly, even a place for the unknown reader to learn about the love of Jesus.

Saturday, January 26, 2013

GPS free = freedom

Before my last race I told my husband I was going to take a month off and get fat and lazy.  Well....that lasted about three days.  I was on the treadmill after a week.  Today, two weeks later, I went for a nice brisk run OUTSIDE!  It was beautiful.   

The best part?  Well, it was a GPS-free day.  That meant I didn't know how fast or how far.  That also meant I was free to enjoy the day, 



enjoy the scenery,



and my talk with God. 

Oh, how I missed my talks with God.  I know, it's only been two weeks, and it's not like I haven't prayed in two week because I have.  It's just, well, I was praising God for the day and suddenly it hit me, I missed my quiet time with Abba Father.  When you have that, a personal, intimate relationship with the Father you miss it when it's gone. I didn't realize that until today. 

That made me think of my family. My son's on the other side of the world (until May and then he's a tiny bit closer), my mom and grandmother are 13-hours away, and then there's my sister.  I haven't seen her in years. I miss her.  She lives near my mother, however, there is tension there.  I'm very angry with my sister right now because she didn't come to Thanksgiving.  I drove 13 hours to see her, however, she did not drive 10 minutes to come see me or the rest of the family.  I forgive her though, because as I was praying for her, these thoughts came to my mind,  "whoever forgives little is forgiven little."   This is a paraphrase of several of Jesus' parables.  Matthew 18 and Luke 7.

So, sister, I forgive you.  I miss you and I love you.  

Why is GPS-free = freedom?   Because running GPS-free reminded me of how much I love my time with God, my time with God reminded me of forgiveness, forgiveness reminded me of freedom with Christ.  

Galatians 5:1  It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery.

Be blessed.
Run Free.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Colleen Wait Edits

Colleen Wait Edits