Why the blog?

I write as the Spirit moves me. I have prayed about what I'm supposed to do with my life a lot. A lot. Writing. Writing is what I believe God is leading me to do. Whether or not He wants me to write for anyone to read is His business. Much of my writing has been therapy for me so maybe I'm the only one who is supposed to read it. So, why the Blog? As a sounding board, a note pad, a place to keep my ideas and thoughts. A place to share and promote my books, and photography. Written prayers, a place to vent. Possibly, even a place for the unknown reader to learn about the love of Jesus.

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Women's Running Recipe

For those who asked.  Here is my dairy-free, Peanut Butter, Oatmeal, Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe.  I keep meaning to figure out the nutrition value in these.  I will eventually. These cookies are not overly sweet.  More like a yummy energy bar. 
 (edited 8/19 - I made these yesterday and forgot the flour.  Turned out very moist, so add flour or not, your choice, up to 2 cups)

Ingredients:
2 cups all-natural peanut butter
1 cup unprocessed honey
2 eggs
1/4 cup + 2 Tbs all natural applesauce
2-1/2 cups oats
1 cup whole wheat flour
10 ounces dairy-free dark chocolate chips 
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla

Process
Melt the peanut butter and chocolate chips in the microwave on low heat (melt but don't cook).  Add the remainder of the ingredients in order listed, one at a time, mixing well. Let ingredients sit for 15-20 minutes.  This allows the oats to soften and lets all the ingredients get happy.  If the mix is drier than bread dough, add a few more Tbs of water or applesauce.  Spoon onto parchment-lined cookie sheet.  Press down to shape.  Bake at 350 until brown, 8-10 minutes.  Makes 44.  


Diary free cooking
Cookies! Dairy-free

No comments:

Post a Comment

Colleen Wait Edits

Colleen Wait Edits