Why the blog?

I write as the Spirit moves me. I have prayed about what I'm supposed to do with my life a lot. A lot. Writing. Writing is what I believe God is leading me to do. Whether or not He wants me to write for anyone to read is His business. Much of my writing has been therapy for me so maybe I'm the only one who is supposed to read it. So, why the Blog? As a sounding board, a note pad, a place to keep my ideas and thoughts. A place to share and promote my books, and photography. Written prayers, a place to vent. Possibly, even a place for the unknown reader to learn about the love of Jesus.

Thursday, August 22, 2013

Why do you give? Or do you?

I was asked last week to do a few interviews with people who are giving/donating/volunteering at a local ministry.  My belief has always been, "But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, so that your giving may be in secret. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you."  Matthew 6:3-4.  

One person in particularly absolutely wanted to remain anonymous, which prompted me to go in an entirely different direction with the article.  I did what all good reporters do. I Googled 'giving'.  I lost count of all the posts after page two.  Well, I had to do the article anyway because I am not one to give up.  God led me to take a different approach.  Ask people what and why and see what answers you get.   Here are a few questions.  Please answer honestly and either reply to this post or send your reply to:   AssuranceSoF@yahoo.com
Names will not be used.  

1. Why do you give (to charities, etc.)
2. Do you give anonymously? Why or why not?
3. What is your opinion on stories showcasing individuals or companies who make large donations to charities?
4.  Agree or disagree:  Giving is a spiritual act of worship.
5.  Are you more or less motivated to give when you read about others and their experience with giving?



1 comment:

Colleen Wait Edits

Colleen Wait Edits