Why the blog?

I write as the Spirit moves me. I have prayed about what I'm supposed to do with my life a lot. A lot. Writing. Writing is what I believe God is leading me to do. Whether or not He wants me to write for anyone to read is His business. Much of my writing has been therapy for me so maybe I'm the only one who is supposed to read it. So, why the Blog? As a sounding board, a note pad, a place to keep my ideas and thoughts. A place to share and promote my books, and photography. Written prayers, a place to vent. Possibly, even a place for the unknown reader to learn about the love of Jesus.

Saturday, September 21, 2013

Are your chains broken?

This morning, I was minding my own business, doing my early morning running and doing what I always do when I run - praying.  The night before, my husband and I had been talking about forgiveness.  God has forgiven us (if we believe and we have asked him, believing, to do so).  When he forgives, he then forgets.  It is so difficult for me to forget my own sins.  I'm trying, but I came to the conclusion this morning that Satan really does not want me to forget. He wants me to continually tell myself, "You aren't good enough.  Nobody really likes you or even loves you, because you're no good, not good enough."

Well, God has a way of answering prayers pretty quick sometimes because I was praying for Satan to be banished from my life and from the lives of everyone I come into contact with.

Then, this song comes on, through my headphones, while I'm running and in mid prayer:

"Break Every Chain"
[Lead:]
There is power in the name of Jesus [3x]
to break every chain, break every chain, break every chain. [2x]

[Chorus:]
There is power in the name of Jesus [3x]
to break every chain, break every chain, break every chain. [2x]

[Lead:]
Theres an army rising up. [3x]
To break every chain, break every chain, break every chain. [2x]

[Chorus:]
Theres an army rising up. [3x]
To break every chain, break every chain, break every chain. [2x]

[Vamp:]
I hear the chains falling.

[End:]
There is power in the name of Jesus
to break every chain, break every chain, break every chain.


From the lyrics, you might not get what I heard, so here is a video:  Break every chain.  This is a live performance, a bit long. Watch just the first five minutes if you want.  Here's a shorter version, Break Every Chain

Now, normally I don't listen to Southern Gospel music even though I grew up in a Southern Baptist church.  I'm a Skillet girl.  Today, however, I was not in a position to skip the song.  Maybe it was God keeping me from it.  Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's it.  Half way through the song, I was in tears. I'm mean a good 'ol ugly cry.  For me, in that moment, I needed to hear that song.  I had been listening to Christian music for an hour and a half, but this song spiritually brought me to my knees. 

Listen to the song.  Go back and read the words.  Do you know what they mean?  Satan thought he had me in chains with my guilt and shame and unable to forgive myself of past sins.  He did his best to convince me of this.  God used this song to remind me that those chains had been broken long ago!!  Can I hear an AMEN!!   Mine are broken, never to bind me again.  Are yours?  

Thank you Lord Jesus for sending me this song.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Colleen Wait Edits

Colleen Wait Edits