Why the blog?

I write as the Spirit moves me. I have prayed about what I'm supposed to do with my life a lot. A lot. Writing. Writing is what I believe God is leading me to do. Whether or not He wants me to write for anyone to read is His business. Much of my writing has been therapy for me so maybe I'm the only one who is supposed to read it. So, why the Blog? As a sounding board, a note pad, a place to keep my ideas and thoughts. A place to share and promote my books, and photography. Written prayers, a place to vent. Possibly, even a place for the unknown reader to learn about the love of Jesus.

Monday, September 2, 2013

My Korean adventure, #3, travel

To recap, as this is number 3 in the series.  I don't like to fly, get motion sickness and anxiety attacks, and my husband's company invited me to tag along on his business trip to S. Korea.

Friday we were all packed and ready to go.  My poor kitty, Oliver, followed me around the house crying.  He even sat on my suitcase and wouldn't let me move it.

7:30 pm after watching a fairly depressing movie, I have an anxiety attack.  I want to go, I don't want to go.   I'm crying and trying not to hyperventilate.  My awesome husband talked me out of my funk and I'm feeling absolutely ridiculous.   I finally calm down enough to do my Bible reading, then go to sleep.  3 a.m. and I am wide awake.  Anxious, but this time in a good way.  6 a.m. I apply my motion sickness patch, finish packing, load up the car and off we go.   Anxious and nervous again, but still in a good way.  We arrived at the airport early, so early in fact that there were no long lines at the security check.  First leg is Orlando to Detroit, 2 hours.  I'm feeling pretty good.  No nausea, not jitters, relaxed, calm.  Whew!! Upon arrival in Detroit we have just enough time to grab a bite to eat.  Now normally, I would skip food because, well, you read the first post.  However, I had my little patch and I'm hungry.  Weird though, everything tasted dry.  Maybe it was just the dry air from the plane drying me out.  I think I drank several bottles of water.  

Second leg from Detroit to Inchon airport was an enormous 747-400 airplane, double decker 3-4-3 (ten seats across).   Took over 45 minutes to load everyone.  I'm feeling pretty good, calm, a little worried about sitting for 13 hours.  Yeah, that's not going to happen especially since I'm sucking down water like a sand dune in the Sahara.  

My husband, the very thoughtful man that he is, ordered me a vegan, no dairy meal.  ~>
Airplane food
I have no idea what the bottom plate is, maybe beans and rice formed into a patty?  In any event, I ate most of it and it wasn't terrible.   Sleep was impossible.  My rear end hurt, my thighs cramped, my back ached.  Benadryl help enough to doze for a few minutes, however, I spent a lot of time walking up and down the plane, to the bathroom and back, around in circles bumping into people, etc.  I'm good for maybe 2 hours in a seated position.  This wasn't a lot of fun in and of itself, however, I was focused on the end result, landing safely in South Korea, which is exactly what happened.   Yeah!  I'm here.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Colleen Wait Edits

Colleen Wait Edits