Why the blog?

I write as the Spirit moves me. I have prayed about what I'm supposed to do with my life a lot. A lot. Writing. Writing is what I believe God is leading me to do. Whether or not He wants me to write for anyone to read is His business. Much of my writing has been therapy for me so maybe I'm the only one who is supposed to read it. So, why the Blog? As a sounding board, a note pad, a place to keep my ideas and thoughts. A place to share and promote my books, and photography. Written prayers, a place to vent. Possibly, even a place for the unknown reader to learn about the love of Jesus.

Saturday, April 16, 2011

I don't like ice.

I'm tired and grumpy today. I'm grumpy because I'm not sleeping well.  I have shoulder and neck problems so I went to see a physical therapist yesterday.  I left hurting worse than when I had arrived from all his poking and prodding and twisting and testing. 


Last night as I lay in bed with my arms propped up on pillows I began to pray, well whine actually, about how much I don't like to be in pain. The therapist said to not do any exercise that requires moving my arms - and that includes running. Bummer. That made me even grumpier. 


As I laid there praying about my pain my mind wandered to the cross. Jesus cried blood because he knew of the pain he was about to endure. For me. Willingly.  I began thinking about how much pain He must have been in. He was tortured, beaten, forced to carry a heavy wooden cross on open wounds, nails driven into his arms and legs. Not once did the Bible say that he complained.  I'm pretty sure I would not allow someone to poke me with a needle in order to save someone much less what Jesus endured. Oh, sure I've given lots of blood, when I was pregnant with both my children. I endured the pain of needles for them, however, that's a mere mosquito bite compared to the pain suffered on the cross for me and you and the entire world present, and future. That's love.


My pain is nothing now that I remember Jesus and how much he loves me. My pain is temporary but his love endures forever. Yet, as I sit here in my recliner typing this with ice packs on my shoulders I still want to yell, "I don't like ice!!!" 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Colleen Wait Edits

Colleen Wait Edits