Why the blog?

I write as the Spirit moves me. I have prayed about what I'm supposed to do with my life a lot. A lot. Writing. Writing is what I believe God is leading me to do. Whether or not He wants me to write for anyone to read is His business. Much of my writing has been therapy for me so maybe I'm the only one who is supposed to read it. So, why the Blog? As a sounding board, a note pad, a place to keep my ideas and thoughts. A place to share and promote my books, and photography. Written prayers, a place to vent. Possibly, even a place for the unknown reader to learn about the love of Jesus.

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Prayer time.

Today, as I sit here at my desk waiting for my "job" to begin, I contemplate my prayer life. I contemplate my life, my goals, my desires.  Most of the time when I pray, first and foremost I thank God for who He is and what He has done for me. I try to remember to glorify Him first. Not because he demands it but because he deserves it, not because He needs to be uplifted, but because I need to uplift Him and remind myself of who it is I'm talking to.  I then begin to pour out my heart to God of all the things that weigh heavily on my heart. Lately, it has been my children. I love my children so much that it pains me to see them hurting, struggling through life, having to learn the lessons they need to in order to become the strong Christians that I know God wants them to be.  When my kids hurt, I hurt. I know God feels the same way about us. I pray for my husband and my friends and family.  Eventually I get to the knitty gritty.  I pray about me. Who am I?  Who do You want me to be? I have all these heartfelt desires and wants and most of the time I feel God is leading me in a certain direction. However, I am a strong-willed, impatient person and I want to see things happen now, today, right this very instant. When things do not go my way, Satan creeps his ugly head in and creates doubt.  Oh, God doesn't really want you to do this. He's just messing with you. He is just making you think he wants you to do the things that are on your heart, but really, he has no intention of saying yes.  Satan then throws roadblocks in my face and unfortunately, it brings me down.  I want to quit.  I, for a moment, tell myself - okay, God doesn't want me to do this, or be successful, or my own desires are getting in my way and I'm not listening to God, so I quit.


However, after a brief pause I resume my prayer and pray to remove Satan!  Please God rid me and my family of all negativity, namely Satan from my life. Let me, all of us hear You. 


I breathe and listen. Breathe and listen. I feel at peace because I am in communication with my Father.  Where He leads, I will follow. No, not everything will be as I want it or in the time frame that I want it, however, I am at peace because I know for a fact that God will lead me where He wants me to go and that is all that matters!  Amen!!
























Oh Lord, our Lord, how majestic is your name in all the earth!

 My heart cries out for you.
Your Glory Fills the Earth!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Colleen Wait Edits

Colleen Wait Edits