Why the blog?

I write as the Spirit moves me. I have prayed about what I'm supposed to do with my life a lot. A lot. Writing. Writing is what I believe God is leading me to do. Whether or not He wants me to write for anyone to read is His business. Much of my writing has been therapy for me so maybe I'm the only one who is supposed to read it. So, why the Blog? As a sounding board, a note pad, a place to keep my ideas and thoughts. A place to share and promote my books, and photography. Written prayers, a place to vent. Possibly, even a place for the unknown reader to learn about the love of Jesus.

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Have you heard the Good News?

Light in a messenger's eyes brings joy to the heart, and good news gives health to the bones.  (Proverbs 15:19-31)


How beautiful on the mountains are the feet of those who bring good news, who proclaim peace, who bring good tidings, who proclaim salvation, who say to Zion, "Your God reigns!" (Isaiah 52:6-8.) 


The angel said to him, "I am Gabriel. I stand in the presence of God, and I have been sent to speak to you and to tell you this good news. (Luke 1:18-20)




Today is my daughter's 17th birthday.  My son is in the military, sworn to protect me and you.  I cannot imagine telling either of them that they must die in order for you to live.   But God did.  He told Jesus he must die for you.  He did.  


"The Son of Man must suffer many things and be rejected by the elders, the chief priests and the teachers of the law, and he must be killed and on the third day raised to life."  (Luke 9:21)


A 10-year -old boy was killed in a car accident last week.  His father is in so much pain right now.  How could God TELL his son to die?  Why would he do that?  


Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love.  (1 John 4:7-9)


Life on earth is temporary.  I can live through any pain here on earth because I not only have the joy that comes through Jesus but also hope, faith, and love.  


The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and he helps me.  My heart leaps for joy, and with my song I praise him.  (Psalm 28:6-8).


Where do you find joy in your daily struggles?  "There is more joy in 24 hours with Jesus than in the world in 365 days.  I have tried them both." R. A. Torrey.  


...I consider my life worth nothing to me; my only aim is to finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me - the task of testifying to the good news of God's grace. (Acts 20: 23-25)




Want to know more? 




This spot reserved for you: Read John 14:1-4

No comments:

Post a Comment

Colleen Wait Edits

Colleen Wait Edits