Why the blog?

I write as the Spirit moves me. I have prayed about what I'm supposed to do with my life a lot. A lot. Writing. Writing is what I believe God is leading me to do. Whether or not He wants me to write for anyone to read is His business. Much of my writing has been therapy for me so maybe I'm the only one who is supposed to read it. So, why the Blog? As a sounding board, a note pad, a place to keep my ideas and thoughts. A place to share and promote my books, and photography. Written prayers, a place to vent. Possibly, even a place for the unknown reader to learn about the love of Jesus.

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

In My Head, Happy Daisy part 2

Mr. Thompson walked into the diner with his laptop at lunchtime.  He needed to get a little work done away from the office.  As he sat in his booth, he noticed the TV.

"Good grief, not another smutty political add," he grumbled.

"I know," agreed the waiter.  "I work here.  I have to see those idiotic adds all day long.  I have no idea what any of these guys are for.  All they say is, 'that guy did that terrible thing', and that horrid lady will take away your kids education'.   I'm so sick of it all."

The waiter took Mr. Thompson's order, pointed to the TV, then marched away to the kitchen in a huff.  Upon opening his laptop, Mr. Thompson's e-mail beeped.

"Mail from the wife.  Now what?"  he said to himself.  "'Did you see the blog?  My friends can't stop talking about it.  Look at all the comments.'  What comments?" Mr. Thompson opened the blog.   "Holy cow, she's getting a ton of traffic!" he said to himself, but outloud.

"What kind of traffic?"  asked the waiter who had returned with the soda.

"This blog my wife sent me.  It's by Happy Daisy.  She's suggesting we not vote for anyone on the ballot but instead write in a commoner."

"I think that's a great idea," agreed the waiter.  "I wasn't planning on voting because I don't like any of these people.  The people in office now don't listen to what we want. They are so  out of touch."

"Listen to this -  Miffed in Michigan says, 'I'm sick and tired of my taxes being raised, gas prices going up, being laid off and my house is being foreclosed on.  Mr. President blames the former president for messing up the economy and says if we give him four more years he'll fix it.  Well, that's exactly what he said four years ago.  If he couldn't then I wouldn't be in this mess.  Then the other guy says he can create 4 million new jobs but won't give any details.  He has no experience in the real world.  He's been a politician all his life, spoon fed.  No idea what I am dealing with.'   Then this lady says,  'If only the people running for office would listen to us, really listen to the people then maybe, maybe our country would get out of the toilet.'"

"Oh I like this one," joined in the waiter,  "'Can anyone tell me why it's okay for our sitting President to ignore the constitution?  The guy should be in jail.'  Who is this Happy Daisy?  We should put them on the ballot.  What's that web site?  I want to send this to my friends."


Two days later, the author of Happy Daisy blog turns on the news.   

"In breaking news, there is a viral email circulating that a new political party has formed.  It is the Happy Daisy party.  We have learned that due to extreme dissatisfaction with the incumbent and the opposing candidate that a write in will be on the ballot.  No word as to who the write in is or who is underwriting the ticket.  In other but related news, the incumbent rally in Iowa was canceled due to lack of interest.  In Missouri, the opposing candidate arrived at his rally and only a handful of people were there to greet him. Who is Happy Daisy?"


Dear Blog Readers;

I'm at a loss of words.  I'm happy to have sparked conversation and encouraged everyone to really look into who these candidates are.   Dig deep.  Don't vote for someone unless you know all the details of who they are. Chosing a write-in is a good idea.  Chose wisely.  Chose someone with real life experience.  Someone with values.  Someone who will listen to the people.  After all, the President of this country works for you!  We deserve better.  This country is not a dictatorship nor a monarchy.  Read your constitution.  Study it.  Power to the people!

To those who have asked, I'm a middle class worker, a Bible-believing Christian.  I've never known wealth, never held any office, not even student body council in school.  I'm just an average person like you. I believe in adhering to the Constitution of these United States as set forth by our forefathers.

The US Constitution - read it, readers.

Sincerely, 

Happy Daisy



... to be continued

No comments:

Post a Comment

Colleen Wait Edits

Colleen Wait Edits