Why the blog?

I write as the Spirit moves me. I have prayed about what I'm supposed to do with my life a lot. A lot. Writing. Writing is what I believe God is leading me to do. Whether or not He wants me to write for anyone to read is His business. Much of my writing has been therapy for me so maybe I'm the only one who is supposed to read it. So, why the Blog? As a sounding board, a note pad, a place to keep my ideas and thoughts. A place to share and promote my books, and photography. Written prayers, a place to vent. Possibly, even a place for the unknown reader to learn about the love of Jesus.

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

In My Head 2 .4

It has been quite a while since I have written an "In My Head" post.  If you are unfamiliar, let me briefly fill you in.  These are far-fetched dreams that I have had.  They are really weird, so I remember them and write them down.  This one is titled,  "Happy Daisy for President".

Enjoy:

Dear Reader, I'm so sick of all these political ads.  I just want to throw my shoe at the TV every single time one comes on.  Thank goodness for my DVR.  I can pause then fast forward until my show comes back on.  Then, there is all the junk that I get in the mail every day and the endless phone calls.  Can we just take a deep breath together and scream?! 

Every single politician is a fraud.  Every. Single. One.  Now, I'm no expert.  I didn't major in political science or anything like that.  I'm just a simple working stiff trying to earn a living to pay the bills.  What bugs me is that these yahoos who are trying to get elected have no real clear vision of what they can do for us.  All they tell us is how bad the other guy is.  If I were to believe everything I see and hear.... you know, it's no wonder the rest of the world hates us.  When was the last time someone stood up and said, I am Joe Smith and this is what I believe in and this is what I think will help turn our economy around and create jobs and this is how we will achieve world peace.  And then... when Joe Smith is elected that is exactly what happens.   

But no... As soon as Joe Smith gets elected, Mr. Sourpuss loser digs up all kinds of dirt on our new leader and then the next four years is spent battling the court system.  Meanwhile, Mr. Joe Smith does a 180 and says, well, I did say and promise all those things but it isn't realistically possible.

So, my dear reader, lets protest.  Shall we buck the system and not elect anyone who is on the ballot?  I say we vote for a write-in.  Someone with absolutely no political background whatsoever.  Lets vote for a real commoner, a blue-collar worker.  Someone who understands my problems and yours.  Lastly, lets vote for someone who will abide by the Constitution and the ideals of our forefathers.

Sincerely, 
Happy Daisy


The next day....

"Hey you guys," said Bill.  "Did you see this blog?"  Bill took a sip of his coffee then reads the post to his co-workers.

"That's hysterical," says John.  "I agree with most of that but..."

"But what? You don't think the common man could be President?" asked Bill.

"Theoretically," stated Steven, "all of us are qualified, according to the rules."

"What are you guys arguing about?" asked Mr. Thompson.  He walked into the break room and put his hands on his hips.

"Not arguing, Sir," stated Bill.  "We were discussing this blog post by Happy Daisy."

"Oh, yeah.  My wife saw that this morning and read it to me.  I thinks it's brilliant.  Happy Daisy for President!"


.... to be continued.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Colleen Wait Edits

Colleen Wait Edits