Why the blog?

I write as the Spirit moves me. I have prayed about what I'm supposed to do with my life a lot. A lot. Writing. Writing is what I believe God is leading me to do. Whether or not He wants me to write for anyone to read is His business. Much of my writing has been therapy for me so maybe I'm the only one who is supposed to read it. So, why the Blog? As a sounding board, a note pad, a place to keep my ideas and thoughts. A place to share and promote my books, and photography. Written prayers, a place to vent. Possibly, even a place for the unknown reader to learn about the love of Jesus.

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Rolling with the punches... or whatever the tide brings


I'm siting at my desk pondering my weekend and the multiple family events coming up and suddenly I've got tears in my eyes.  Life is so fragile.  I've had more "near misses" than I  care to admit or innumerate.  I'm not going to lay a bunch of scripture on you, just a "think about it".

My son leaves Korea for his new base this week.  My daughter graduates high school two weeks Friday then Sunday we are having a wedding shower for my son (the one leaving Korea) and his fiancé.  My Mom is driving over from Texas for the occasion.  In August he gets married.  My 94 yo grandmother whom I love dearly broke her hip a month ago and cannot come.   
I cannot imagine not being there for all of this.

Why did I cry?  Because of the week-end.   My husband and I went to the beach to spend time with our youngest girls and to celebrate our anniversary.  After a very nice picnic lunch I was stung by a wasp and had an immediate allergic reaction that sent me to the ER.  I was in full panic attack and full of hives, swelling, and intense pain by the time we reached the hospital.

I lived through it.  But what if I hadn't? What if I didn't have Benadryl in my purse?  Would my body look like this

instead of this?
Five hours after ER visit and massive IV infusion.


The next morning I awoke to a glorious sunrise


 and my son called me on a video chat to wish me a happy Mother's Day.  While strolling hand in hand with my amazing husband down the beach,
footprints in the sand

I was very grateful to be alive!

But...what if I wasn't?  Yes, I would miss out on all those things and so much more.  However, I know where I'm going when I die and I'm not afraid.  Abba Father, God has promised me life eternal with him where there is no fear of wasp stings, no milk allergies, no bloating sea turtles, no pain, no war only Love! For that, for a fleeting second I kinda wished I didn't have the Benadryl....trust me it was only in the moment of excruciating pain...

I love my life and all the plans gone awry, however, life on this earth is not all there is.  Thanks be to God I have Him to look forward to!


Pelican enjoying the morning

me and foreshadow of things to come


No comments:

Post a Comment

Colleen Wait Edits

Colleen Wait Edits