Why the blog?

I write as the Spirit moves me. I have prayed about what I'm supposed to do with my life a lot. A lot. Writing. Writing is what I believe God is leading me to do. Whether or not He wants me to write for anyone to read is His business. Much of my writing has been therapy for me so maybe I'm the only one who is supposed to read it. So, why the Blog? As a sounding board, a note pad, a place to keep my ideas and thoughts. A place to share and promote my books, and photography. Written prayers, a place to vent. Possibly, even a place for the unknown reader to learn about the love of Jesus.

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

New day new dog??? part two

I jumped out of bed this morning ready to run.  In the back of my mind I wondered if I would see Dog again.  I altered my route slightly to go a little further.  When I passed the spot where Dog greeted my yesterday, I looked around, hopeful.  Alas, no dog.  


My turnaround is at a spot where the sidewalk ends.  The road continues but I usually turn around since it narrows.  Across the street is a field.  I looked over, something caught my eye. I thought at first it was a large yellow cat with a fluffy tail. No, maybe a bobcat.  I whipped out my handy dandy phone to take a picture.  It saw me and looked.  It was a fox!  I snapped a picture then it ran.  I walked a little further to see around the weeds on the fence.  There was another one.  The first saw me and ran towards the fence so I backed up.  Then I saw another.  There were at least 3 foxes and a fox den in the middle of the field.  The fox came to a hole in the fence.  I decided it was time to say good-bye.  Thankfully, a car zoomed by forcing the fox to get back to his field or I would have run a whole bunch faster on my way home!!!


Thank you God for giving me these gifts on my runs.  The cloud, the beautiful sunrises, Dog, and now the foxes.  I think I'll run the same route next time just to see what other surprises are in store.


Sorry, no pictures to post, they didn't turn out.  Too far away.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Colleen Wait Edits

Colleen Wait Edits