Why the blog?

I write as the Spirit moves me. I have prayed about what I'm supposed to do with my life a lot. A lot. Writing. Writing is what I believe God is leading me to do. Whether or not He wants me to write for anyone to read is His business. Much of my writing has been therapy for me so maybe I'm the only one who is supposed to read it. So, why the Blog? As a sounding board, a note pad, a place to keep my ideas and thoughts. A place to share and promote my books, and photography. Written prayers, a place to vent. Possibly, even a place for the unknown reader to learn about the love of Jesus.

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

A new day a new dog???

I had a really bad day yesterday.  It started with the inability to sleep.  I was concerned about my son who had just had 4 wisdom teeth extracted - in South Korea. My shoulders ached and it was warm. I woke up, well, got up around six to find that it was 82 degrees in the house.  I kept turning on the AC, turning down the AC.  Nothing.  Finally I called and low and behold the AC had frozen up but no one was available to come fix it. Not until tomorrow, they said.  Then, as I'm trying to work a little dribble of saliva decides to take the wrong path and without warning - I'm choking, cannot breathe.  It felt like someone had drilled a hole down a toothpick and that's what I had to breathe through.  I sucked in as much as I could through every pore in my body, staggered to my daughter's bathroom where she was mid shampoo and began hacking, coughing, desperately trying to breathe.  My face turned colors and my eyes felt like they were about to pop out of my head but I managed to clear my airway and breathe again.  Well, the house got hotter and hotter.  We sent Chelsea to seek air conditioning elsewhere and my husband and I camped out downstairs under a big fan. Fortunately, heat rises and downstairs was bearable.  Before going to bed we checked the AC and it had thawed so we turned it on.  By morning we were at a tolerable 80.


The alarm went off at 5 and I decided to go run outside.  It was cooler. Mainly because I was creating a breeze.  At mile 1.3 or so as I rounded a corner this little black and white boxer/collie/something mix comes barreling around a corner in my direction. Not at me. He wasn't being aggressive.  He or she slowed as it got in front of me and kept trotting ahead.  I kept waiting for his owner to call him back home.  The dog ran in front of me, beside me, behind me, around me.  On the sidewalk. In the grass.   He'd stop and pee then run as fast as he could to catch up.  When I turned around at mile 3.5 he stopped to smell someone's garbage then hurried to catch up.  When he did he got right beside me and looked up at me with a big grin on his face.  A police car drove by and I thought he was going to stop me for having an unleashed dog.  He didn't. He chased a chicken and a couple of squirrels which made me laugh. When I approached my neighborhood he turned in, ahead of me.  Back at home, yes 6 miles later he was still with me, my sprinklers were on.  He plopped down and took a bath while I went in to do the same.  I looked outside a minute ago and he's gone.  But I have the video to prove it that he was there:




Last week God gave me a beautiful cloud, today a dog, a little running buddy.  I hope to see him again someday.  
Thunderbird cloud
                                        Sunrise this 
                                morning

No comments:

Post a Comment

Colleen Wait Edits

Colleen Wait Edits