Why the blog?

I write as the Spirit moves me. I have prayed about what I'm supposed to do with my life a lot. A lot. Writing. Writing is what I believe God is leading me to do. Whether or not He wants me to write for anyone to read is His business. Much of my writing has been therapy for me so maybe I'm the only one who is supposed to read it. So, why the Blog? As a sounding board, a note pad, a place to keep my ideas and thoughts. A place to share and promote my books, and photography. Written prayers, a place to vent. Possibly, even a place for the unknown reader to learn about the love of Jesus.

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Just for Fun

I thought I'd take a break from the Interviews and give a little praise and post some of my favorite pictures.  Saturday, God was looking out for me and my family.  My 16-year-old daughter, who has just been driving solo for a few months wanted to go to Wal-Mart.  I was working so I let her go.  I needed some things taken to the Post Office so I had her go there first. She made all her stops safely, without incident.  Praise #1.  Later that day she and I needed to go to the bank and then across town. She drove to the bank, then wanted to stop at a clothing store. As she drove she and I talked about the car, maintenance, at which point I showed her the sticker for the oil change. I pointed out our mechanic as we drove by.  My daughter pulled into the parking lot for Beall's, slowed to a stop, attempted to put the car into park. The shifter moved, the gear did not change! Oh no! Something had broken. She pressed the emergency brake and turned off the engine. I called the mechanic, the number was right on the sticker. Here is praise God #2 - the mechanic sent over a technician, he put the car into drive, followed us the 2-minute drive back to the shop. The car got fixed and it cost all of $65.00.  God is Good!! 










No comments:

Post a Comment

Colleen Wait Edits

Colleen Wait Edits