Why the blog?

I write as the Spirit moves me. I have prayed about what I'm supposed to do with my life a lot. A lot. Writing. Writing is what I believe God is leading me to do. Whether or not He wants me to write for anyone to read is His business. Much of my writing has been therapy for me so maybe I'm the only one who is supposed to read it. So, why the Blog? As a sounding board, a note pad, a place to keep my ideas and thoughts. A place to share and promote my books, and photography. Written prayers, a place to vent. Possibly, even a place for the unknown reader to learn about the love of Jesus.

Saturday, August 20, 2011

What's your story?

We all have one even if we think we live a mundane life.  It is one of the things that makes us unique.  I spent all of July and part of August sharing with you stories of the homeless and a few of those who love on them.  My life is in my stories.  At my home congregation we have had the pleasure of sharing our stories with one another.  Each week one person was chosen to tell us, in 45 minutes, their life story.  Not necessarily their "conversion story", but their life.  I love to hear what people choose to tell about their life.  Even our preacher shared about his youth. 


The Bible is full of stories.  It's one of the things I love about the Bible.  It isn't just a rule book, a book of do's and don'ts (although that is in there).  People, real people's lives are shared through stories, Noah, Moses, Abram/Abraham, Esther, Ruth, Paul, and many more.  Paul's story is shared in the book of Acts.  


The life of Jesus is the entire Bible. It's the best story of all!! 


So, what's your story?  Good, bad, or mundane, it has made you what you are today.  Will you look back on your life and sigh, life is hard, real hard, there is no hope, so why try?  Or will you look back and think you've had it pretty good, but hey, you deserve it and more.  Will you learn from your mistakes?  Will you share your triumphs?  Will you teach others what you have learned?  


Are you ready to give an answer to your life? 


I didn't think I did, however, looking back I can definitely see how God was working in my life - in the good times and the bad.  I'd like to be able to see it in the now.  Looking back is easy. How is God working in my life now?  How is he working in your life now?  


What's your story?  I'd like to know if you'd like to share. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Colleen Wait Edits

Colleen Wait Edits