Why the blog?

I write as the Spirit moves me. I have prayed about what I'm supposed to do with my life a lot. A lot. Writing. Writing is what I believe God is leading me to do. Whether or not He wants me to write for anyone to read is His business. Much of my writing has been therapy for me so maybe I'm the only one who is supposed to read it. So, why the Blog? As a sounding board, a note pad, a place to keep my ideas and thoughts. A place to share and promote my books, and photography. Written prayers, a place to vent. Possibly, even a place for the unknown reader to learn about the love of Jesus.

Saturday, September 29, 2012

Oatmeal Banana Bread

When I was a little girl, my mother always held onto the "rotten" bananas and made banana bread.  As an adult, I do the same thing.  I buy a bunch of bananas and the leftovers either go into banana pancakes or banana bread.  Every time I make it, I tweak the recipe just a little.  This time, I think I finally have a winner!  I'll let you be the judge.  I'm calling this "banana bread", however, there's a lot more in it than just the bananas.

Ingredients:
1/2 cup applesauce
3/4 cup Agave
2 eggs, beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1-1/2 cups mashed bananas (3 to 4)
1/4 cup coconut milk
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup quick cooking oats
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 to 1 tsp ground cinnamon and nutmeg
1/2 cup each:  raisins, shredded unsweetened coconut, chopped almonds

Process:
Preheat oven to 350 F.
Lightly beat the eggs, add the remaining wet ingredients, stir well.  Add dry ingredients.  
Spray 9 x 5 loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray (or two 8 x 3.5 aluminum pans).
Pour mix into pan(s).

Bake 50 to 60 minutes, cover out of oven with foil for 5 minutes.  (for smaller pans 35 minutes plus cover for 5).
Allow to cool in pan for 10 minutes, then out of pan until cooled.  I like to eat it warm!





Oatmeal banana bread with lots of yummies inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Colleen Wait Edits

Colleen Wait Edits