Why the blog?

I write as the Spirit moves me. I have prayed about what I'm supposed to do with my life a lot. A lot. Writing. Writing is what I believe God is leading me to do. Whether or not He wants me to write for anyone to read is His business. Much of my writing has been therapy for me so maybe I'm the only one who is supposed to read it. So, why the Blog? As a sounding board, a note pad, a place to keep my ideas and thoughts. A place to share and promote my books, and photography. Written prayers, a place to vent. Possibly, even a place for the unknown reader to learn about the love of Jesus.

Friday, May 20, 2011

Are you ready?

Harold Camping believes Saturday May 21, 2011 will be the end of the world. I think that's pretty incredible since Mark 13:32 -36 says:  32 “But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father. 33 Be on guard! Be alert! You do not know when that time will come. 34 It’s like a man going away: He leaves his house and puts his servants in charge, each with their assigned task, and tells the one at the door to keep watch.
   35 “Therefore keep watch because you do not know when the owner of the house will come back—whether in the evening, or at midnight, or when the rooster crows, or at dawn. 36 If he comes suddenly, do not let him find you sleeping. 37 What I say to you, I say to everyone: ‘Watch!’”

A dear lady at my church is in her last days of her life. Her daughter says she is very tired and is ready to join the Lord in His house and is looking forward to seeing her husband again.  Even she does not know what day that will be. 

No one knows what will happen when Jesus returns. Many have speculated.  Will there be war? Doomsday? Panic? Looting? Rejoicing among the believers? Will the dead rise from their graves and be visible to all as they ascend to their final resting place. Who knows. Does it really matter?  

Personally, and this is just me.  I am not in the least bit concerned.  Bring it. I'm ready. Until then, meditate on this:

When will the world See that we need Jesus? If we open our eyes We will all realize That He loves us When will the world See that we need Jesus? When our hearts are as one And believe that He's the Son of our God (Chorus) The Lord is our God And we shall never want The Lord is our God And we shall live forever When we share the love of Jesus See each other as He sees us Then His love will see us through His love will see us through When will the world See that we need Jesus? When sister and brother Love one another as one When will the world See that we need Jesus? Will we ever understand Jesus is the Son of man? We must live in the shadow of His love When will the world See that we need Jesus? If we open our eyes We will all realize That He loves us When will the world See that we need Jesus? When our hearts are as one And believe that He's the Son of our God When will the world See that we need Jesus? When sister and brother Love one another as one When will the world See that we need Jesus? Will we ever understand Jesus is the Son of man? We must live in the shadow of His love

(WE NEED JESUS, PETRA PRAISE 2)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Colleen Wait Edits

Colleen Wait Edits