Why the blog?

I write as the Spirit moves me. I have prayed about what I'm supposed to do with my life a lot. A lot. Writing. Writing is what I believe God is leading me to do. Whether or not He wants me to write for anyone to read is His business. Much of my writing has been therapy for me so maybe I'm the only one who is supposed to read it. So, why the Blog? As a sounding board, a note pad, a place to keep my ideas and thoughts. A place to share and promote my books, and photography. Written prayers, a place to vent. Possibly, even a place for the unknown reader to learn about the love of Jesus.

Friday, May 13, 2011

To Give or Not to Give. Can you spare a dime?

Today's blog is an experiment.  I'm going to be very frank, honest, and to the point in this post.  My passion is serving my God by writing. If you have read any of my posts or pages that is pretty clear. If this is your first time to this blog, stop now and read all of my previous posts. I have been praying very hard and contemplating how I can write full time while also being able to pay the bills.  Thus, the idea for this experiment.  


I remembered watching a movie a few years ago about a woman who wrote a blog and had a passion for writing, similar to mine (Julie and Julia).  Someone suggested to her to put a "Donate" button on her blog.  She did and it enabled her to write.


After my recent doctor's visits and the pain I have been having with my shoulders I have been unable to do much writing after a long day of work, which by the way involves typing for 8 hours.  Therefore, I thought, 'what could I possibly do to help support my family while trying to write and promote my books so that my writing will be my sole means of an income?'   


Here is where the experiment comes in to play.  I am not going to share this post on Facebook or email it to friends.  I am simply going to sit back and see what happens.   I'm curious. Why do people give money on the internet?  Who do they give it to? How much are people willing to give?  What would happen if everyone who visited this site gave a dollar? Would they pass it on and share it with others?  Would people be interested in supporting a struggling writer? Would you be willing to donate a Dollar? Your support is greatly appreciated. I would love to be a "retired medical transcriptionist". 


Not comfortable "donating" but want to help?  Then please consider supporting me by purchasing my books at Smashwords or WordClay.




Let the experiment begin. Praise Be to God the Creator of all things whom I serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Colleen Wait Edits

Colleen Wait Edits