Why the blog?

I write as the Spirit moves me. I have prayed about what I'm supposed to do with my life a lot. A lot. Writing. Writing is what I believe God is leading me to do. Whether or not He wants me to write for anyone to read is His business. Much of my writing has been therapy for me so maybe I'm the only one who is supposed to read it. So, why the Blog? As a sounding board, a note pad, a place to keep my ideas and thoughts. A place to share and promote my books, and photography. Written prayers, a place to vent. Possibly, even a place for the unknown reader to learn about the love of Jesus.

Saturday, January 11, 2014

Black Bean Brownies

This is one of my favorite dairy-free recipes.  As with my others, I scoured the internet, found several, played with variations until I had tweaked and created to my liking.

1 can black beans, rinsed well and drained
2 Tbs coconut oil
1 egg
1 Tbs all natural applesauce
1 Tbs pumpkin
1 Tbs coconut milk (canned, not from refrigerator section)
1/4 cup +/-  Agave (this can be halved with raw Stevia)
1/3 cup Enjoy Life chocolate chips (leave a few out to add later if you like chunky)
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
Pinch salt
2 Tbs shredded unsweetened coconut flakes

Put all in a blender, wet first, beans last.  Add them a little at a time.  Puree until smooth.  It will take several minutes.  Spray mini cupcake tin well with Pam or equivalent. Bake15 minutes at 350.  Cool 5-10 minutes before removing from tin.  Refrigerate or freeze whatever you don't eat.

These are great for after a hard work out, or a marathon, which I am doing tomorrow!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Colleen Wait Edits

Colleen Wait Edits