Why the blog?

I write as the Spirit moves me. I have prayed about what I'm supposed to do with my life a lot. A lot. Writing. Writing is what I believe God is leading me to do. Whether or not He wants me to write for anyone to read is His business. Much of my writing has been therapy for me so maybe I'm the only one who is supposed to read it. So, why the Blog? As a sounding board, a note pad, a place to keep my ideas and thoughts. A place to share and promote my books, and photography. Written prayers, a place to vent. Possibly, even a place for the unknown reader to learn about the love of Jesus.

Thursday, January 2, 2014

READ THE BIBLE IN A YEAR





My husband and I started something a few years ago that has become not only a habit, but part of our lives - daily Bible reading.  

Every night before bed we turn off the TV, crawl into bed and open up our Bibles.  Well, truth be told we click on our tablet, computer, or phone and click on the Bible App.  

The first time was difficult.  It was not something we had done before on a regular basis.  Changing our schedule, starting something new, commiting to reading anything for a year, every day for a year, can be quite a challenge.  

How did we do it?  How can you incorporate Bible reading into your life?  

The short answer is, one day at a time.

Specifically:
1)  Pray about it.  
2)  Decide, yes, this is something that is important and worth doing.
3)  Find a plan.  YouVersion and BibleGateway.com have great reading plans.  There are also paper Bibles that are available. 
4)  Get an accountability partner.  
5)  Schedule the time.  Whether you need to get up 15 minutes early, skip a TV show, or set aside time before bed.  Several online apps have audio, perhaps play it in your car.
6)  If you fall behind or miss a day or two, don't give up!!  Catch up all at once or a little at a time.  

Most importantly, don't get discouraged.  When you get to those difficult chapters don't worry about understanding everything.  Pray about it and keep on going.  You will be blessed for doing so.  

Also, it is a good idea to take notes.  Especially if this is your first time reading the Bible.  It is not, I repeat, absolutely not necessary to understand everything.  God will increase your understanding in HIS timing.  If you desire it, He will provide.  

I encourage all of you to start now, don't wait until 1/1/14, don't wait until tomorrow.  You will be blessed beyond measure and beyond your current understanding of what that means. 

Need help?  Start a Facebook support group page or contact me here.

Be blessed and HAPPY BIBLE READING!!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Colleen Wait Edits

Colleen Wait Edits