Why the blog?

I write as the Spirit moves me. I have prayed about what I'm supposed to do with my life a lot. A lot. Writing. Writing is what I believe God is leading me to do. Whether or not He wants me to write for anyone to read is His business. Much of my writing has been therapy for me so maybe I'm the only one who is supposed to read it. So, why the Blog? As a sounding board, a note pad, a place to keep my ideas and thoughts. A place to share and promote my books, and photography. Written prayers, a place to vent. Possibly, even a place for the unknown reader to learn about the love of Jesus.

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Matthew's Hope Fundraiser

UPDATE (2/26)
The Matthew's Hope fundraiser is winding down.   Only THREE days left to shop forward. You don't want to miss out on this opportunity.

Starting Saturday March 1st the Accept Pregnancy Center will be the beneficiary of Origami Owl sales.  Stay tuned for links to shop. This will be an online fundraiser, however, I am more than happy to have an in-home event as well so you can see the new spring line, which comes out March 8th.

If you haven't visited Matthew's Hope in person, or their web site, I strongly encourage you to do so.  Scott Billue and his team of dedicated volunteers are making a tremendous impact in the lives of the homeless, the poor, those struggling to meet the basic necessities of life -food, water, shelter, love.

Shower Trailer

Farmer's market


Guest-run garden

Transitional housing
Showers for the homeless, a garden to grow their own food, transitional housing.  These are but a few of the services provided.  Everything,  and I mean EVERYTHING is done with donations from the community - cash, supplies, physical labor, food, clothing, technical and office support.

I have been blessed to be a part, a very small part, of Matthew's Hope from the beginning a little over three years ago.   Read all about it on their web site and their 'Moving Forward' magazine.  I know all the work they do first hand, I know how much money it takes to do the services, and I know it is used properly.

It is my heart's desire to help as much as I can by working directly with Matthew's Hope in any way I can and by spreading the word.  Homelessness isn't what it used to be.  It isn't always what is preconceived.  My heart breaks when I see a young mother with her children come through the doors, homeless because her husband abandoned her and she lost her job because she cannot afford child care or the man who asks for help because his house burned down and he has nowhere to go, the veteran who has been lost to the system.  The stories are as endless as they are diverse.  (you can read some of them in this blog:  the homeless interviews)

I would give every penny if I could.  However, if I did then I would be homeless.

God has given me an amazing opportunity to give back.  Origami Owl custom jewelry.  It is a new business for me and I plan on using it as a platform for giving.

Now through the month of February I will be donating the proceeds of my MH online party to Matthew's Hope.   Shopping for a cause.  Tell your story through your locket while giving money to buy a new pair of shoes, a blanket, or a meal for someone in need.

Caring for the Homeless Men,
Women and Children of
West Orange County
Matthew 25:35-40 NIV
For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.'
"Then the righteous will answer him, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?'
"The King will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.'

Read about Matthew's Hope, pray about where you can be a force for good.  Then, click here and shop away, knowing that  with every purchase you are helping a man, woman, child, family in need.  In March, I will post the amount donated and a picture of me handing over the check so you can see for yourself what YOU have contributed to.  

"Matthew’s Hope fosters the physical,
emotional, and spiritual well-being
of the homeless men, women, and children
of our West Orange community by meeting
basic needs, developing skills,
and restoring dignity and independence."


Living lockets
dangles

love locket with crystals

believe

No comments:

Post a Comment

Colleen Wait Edits

Colleen Wait Edits