Why the blog?

I write as the Spirit moves me. I have prayed about what I'm supposed to do with my life a lot. A lot. Writing. Writing is what I believe God is leading me to do. Whether or not He wants me to write for anyone to read is His business. Much of my writing has been therapy for me so maybe I'm the only one who is supposed to read it. So, why the Blog? As a sounding board, a note pad, a place to keep my ideas and thoughts. A place to share and promote my books, and photography. Written prayers, a place to vent. Possibly, even a place for the unknown reader to learn about the love of Jesus.

Saturday, January 25, 2014

Change

Nothing changes if nothing changes.  I've heard this many times over the years.  This year, I am actually going to put it into action.  After praying for God to lead me to do something new for what seems like an eternity, I am finally stepping way, way out of my comfort zone and joining the ranks of MLM as an Origami Owl independent designer. 

I have worked exclusively at home for twenty years, specifically, since I was five or six months pregnant with my now 19-year-old daughter.  At the time, and until recently, it was a blessing.  I got to be a stay-at-home mommy AND have a full-time job.  God blessed me with what I needed and I am truly grateful.  My work-at-home schedule allowed me to parent my children the way I wanted to, pay the bills, and it also has allowed me the time to write, which is what I love to do.  I have ten published books and am very proud of that accomplishment. 

Over the last few years, however, I began to feel stuck, lonely, frustrated, underused, isolated, agitated, bored, stuck in a rut.....  The day job situation changed shortly after marrying the most wonderful man in the world.  I no longer needed to make the money I had, so God took that away. That's okay.  He knows best.  I still work in the same field, however, the money and the hours drastically decreased, and my mind began to wander, flounder, creativity became stifled. 

Prayer kept me going.  God, lead me. God, use me.  God, I'm frustrated.  God, use me.  I tried many different outlets, started an online magazine. It's still an ongoing project but doesn't bring in any money.  I have books in my head that I want to, no, need to write.  Day after day I still sit, staring at my computer.  Not enough work to keep me focused.  Time on my hands but I'm chained to my desk waiting for work to come my way.  My focus is everywhere and nowhere.  Nothing gets accomplished.  I don't care about my job but my morals make me do my best and do just enough to keep from getting fired and make the minimum I need to pay the bills. 

Then came along a friend whom I've know for years who is an Origami Owl designer (seller/distributor/party girl).  Cute product, but not for me.  I've done these things before. Tried Amway.  Sorry, but I hated it.  Had a few parties in the past with other companies.  Liked the product, but not for me.  I'm not a salesperson. I'm not a party girl.  My only contacts are my church friends.   I'm not social.  No thanks.  

So, what changed?   "Nothing changes if nothing changes."   I decided I Had to do something.  OO is something I can do both online and in person.  It was time for me to take a leap of faith, get out of my very small comfort zone and let God work in me.  I was tired of being stuck, chasing my tail in circles and expecting to stop in a new place, new situation.  Isn't that the definition of insanity? Repeating the same behavior over and over and expecting a different outcome.  Time for a change. 

God willing, I will at the very least learn something new, meet new people, and widen my circle of influence for Him.  My hope, my goal, my prayer is that this will lead to the ability to quit the dreaded day job, re-energize my creative juices, and perhaps a plant a few seeds and point others to God.  

Need a change?  Make a change.  It is that simple and that difficult. Do it.  Do it for yourself.  Do it for your family.  


3 comments:

  1. Congratulations. Wishing you much success!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stepping outside your comfort zone will definitely help you to accomplish your goals!! I wish you well in this new venture :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am all about pushing out of your comfort zone as that is where the beauty happens.

    ReplyDelete

Colleen Wait Edits

Colleen Wait Edits